Our freind Lisa organized the best baby shower ever. There were decorations and invitations, snacks and fancy table settings. It was awsome. I have never been to a baby shower before, but I think if you threw some adult beverages in the mix it would be something I would be attending more often.
Poppy and I sat at a table they made up all fancy like, and opened the presents from all our freinds. I had no idea so many people like me! I'm not really used to accepting so many gifts and was a little embarassed, but it was so fun to see all the awesome stuff the CH received. Even Uncle Ricky made the trip to participate. I think it super cool that there were so many guys there. Those guys are troopers.
We received so much cool stuff. I dont think there is enough room on the blog to mention everything and everybody that was so generous to us. I think I will be thanking people for at least the next few months. Popstar was really sweet and bought dozens of doughnuts for everybody and filled out a thank you card for each department. We also got some flowers for Lisa. She and her team worked so hard to make this happen for us and to be sure we got off to a propper start. WE LOVE THE SILVAS!
There were a few super cool gifts that I just have to tell you about.
The Silvas hooked us up with a stroller and car seat combo. Its pretty cool but the fun part was putting it together. It was like building a rocket ship out of toothpics. I think I got it together ok. If there are any operational disasters, I am sure you will hear about it.
CH got some little shoes and hats that have skullys on them. Absolutly awsome. I am trying to find matching stuff for me.
Beanies with animal ears. Need I say more. What in the world isnt made 10 times more adorable by adding animal ears to it. (also trying to find matching stuff for me!)
The Bumbo Baby Seat. It is like a tiny baby recliner. Now the CH can sit on the couch with me, as we both enjoy or favorite beverages and watch football, UFC, or The Biggest Loser. Dont laugh, its inspirational. I have already added a Full Contact Fighter sticker to customize his seat.
We got bunches of diapers and wipes. Somehow I think this is a sign of things to come. I opened one of the packs of newborn diapers. I am a little concerned with the capacity and structural integrity of the small diapers. I am now looking for a full face sheild and those shoulder length gloves farmers use to inseminate cattle. Let me know if you have a hook-up.

I'm as excited for your mom as she is for you! Have fun with the Chicken Hawk, and believe me, sometimes that will be the nicest thing you call him!
ReplyDelete